The Teenage Wasteland web series, a series about 20 somethings who are to lazy to accept life and adulthood, is coming to Yellowknife. The group has finished three episodes and plans on shooting its fourth here in Yellowknife.
They are hoping this episode will be bigger and better, so they have sent out a casting call. All you Yellowknife actors better get on this now. Here is what they are looking for:
– Hippies/protesters: open to men and women of all ages, there’s a couple speaking roles available.
– Uncooperative videostore clerk: looking for a male aged 25-40. Must be able to stand his ground and refuse to reach a bargin. Dialogue role.
– Thugs: A group of men that you’d expect to see walking off the set of The Sopranos. Silent Roles.
– Japanese newscaster: Female newscaster, must be asian and able to speak Japanese. Dialogue role.
– Government Minister: Male, 40+. Gotta look good in a suit and give off a ministerial pressence.Dialogue role.
– Minister’s wife: Female, 40+. Silent Role.
If you are at all interested in trying out drop Chris a line at cwhite(at)theteenagewasteland(dot)net.
It is awesome to see a project like this in the north, I can’t wait to see the next episode. If you haven’t check out the first three episodes do so on the show’s website: TheTeenageWasteland.net. There is also show info, cast bios and blog.
Here is episode three for your enjoyment.