A press release from the GNWT yesterday stated that as of April 1st, 2011 the CampingNWT.ca website is ready for operation. This means you can now book campsites in the NWT for the 2011 camping season.
Three main campgrounds are in the Yellowknife area. Fred Henne Park which is just on Long Lake beside the airport, Prelude Lake Park which is about half way down the Ingraham Trail and Reid Lake Park which is on the shores of Reid Lake almost at the end of the Ingraham Trail at about kilometre 60.
Any of the Non-Extended Stay sites are available now to be booked online. The draw for the Prelude and Reid Extended Stay sites will be on May 1st, 2011 at 1pm at the Tree of Peace Friendship Centre.
- Walk-in Tent Site: $15.00
- Non-Powered Site: $22.50
- Powered Site: $28.00
- Powered Site (In Fred Henne): $32.00
- Kitchen Shelter: $25.00
- Kitchen Shelter (Fred Henne Boat Launch): $100.00
- Kitchen Shelter (Fred Henne Beach): $75.00
- Administration Fee of 10% on all refunds